Notice to Airport Consultants
NOTICE TO AIRPORT CONSULTANTS
The City of Humboldt (Sponsor) is hereby soliciting Statement of Qualifications from consultants for airfield development projects that are anticipated to occur within the next five Federal fiscal years 2022 to 2026 at the Humboldt Municipal Airport (0K7) located in Humboldt, Iowa. Subject to receipt of Federal funding and/or State funding, these projects may include the following:
- Rehabilitate Runway 12/30. The estimated construction cost is $2,000,000 and is anticipated for 2023. The general scope of this project is as to mill and overlay the runway (2600x60) with current PCI in the 70s.
- Construct Turnaround at Runway 30 Threshold. The estimated construction cost is $325,000 and is anticipated for 2025. The general scope of this project is to construct turnaround at the Runway 30.
- Add other projects as needed…
These projects have been developed from the Sponsor’s Airport Capital Improvement Plan (CIP). A copy of each project CIP Data Sheet will be made available upon request. The CIP Data Sheet was prepared with help from Clapsaddle-Garber Associates.
The services to be provided may include, but are not limited to, preliminary design, final design, bidding, construction observation, and incidental special services such as geotechnical/subsurface investigations and topographic surveying.
In selecting a consultant, the Sponsor is using qualifications-based selection process conforming to FAA Advisory Circular 150/5100-14E Architectural, Engineering, and Planning Consultant Services for Airport Grant Projects. Fee information will not be considered in the selection process and shall not be submitted with the Statement. Fees will be negotiated for projects as federal funds become available. The agreement(s) between the Sponsor and the selected consultant will be subject to all applicable Federal Rules and Regulations as identified in AC 150/5100-14E.
Consultants will be rated by a selection committee according to the following selection criteria and the weight given to each:
- Capability to perform all aspects of the projects (25%) – qualifications of prime firm (and subconsultants, if any);
- Relevant experience of key personnel from prime firm (and subconsultants, if any) and role (20%);
- Knowledge of FAA standards, policies, and procedures (15%);
- Recent experience with comparable projects at similarly-sized airports (20%);
- History of meeting schedules and staying within budget (10%); and
- Understanding of the project’s potential challenges and Sponsor’s concerns (10%).
The Sponsor intends to select the most qualified firm directly from submittals but reserves the option to short list up to three (3) of the highest rated firms and perform phone, informal, and/or formal interviews.
Statements must be concise and contain no more than twenty-eight (28) pages of material (14 sheets of paper, double sided). This excludes the front and back covers, the two-page cover letter (1 sheet of paper, double sided), table of contents, section dividers, and resumes. Consultants must submit five (5) hard copies of their Statement and a PDF of their Statement (submitted via email) to the following person:
Gloria Christensen, City Clerk – firstname.lastname@example.org
All statements must be received by 5:00 p.m. on Wednesday, September 15, 2021. Statements received after this deadline will not be considered. The Sponsor reserves the right to reject any and/or all Statements. Submittals will become property of the Sponsor.
Via mail to 29 5th St S, Humboldt, IA 50548: provide Statements in a package marked “Airport Statement of Qualifications” in the lower left hand corner and the sender’s name and address in the upper left hand corner.
Via email to email@example.com: provide Statement in an email with subject line: “Airport Statement of Qualifications” and request delivery/read receipts to confirm receipt.
All questions must be submitted via email to the above contact by 5:00 p.m. on September 1, 2021. Answers will be sent via reply email no later than 5:00 p.m. on September 8, 2021 (one week before submittal deadline). For more information, please contact Gloria Christensen at (515) 332-3435 or firstname.lastname@example.org.